Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Real Food - How to Start a Day on a Good Note.

Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and also my favorite. Actually, I could eat breakfast for breakfast, breakfast for lunch, breakfast for snacks, breakfast for dinner... Yeah, you get it !

But the point is, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you'd better make it interesting. I'm one of those who can't eat the same thing for a given meal more than two days in a row. I get bored. Then I eat junk and not real food.

Following the yogourt experiment, I decided that the heavenly tasting yogourt I made was to be used for breakfast. The next morning, I had 1 cup of yogourt, half a cup of granola, and a tablespoon of honey. I'm not used to eating plain yogourt, so I added a bit of vanilla extract, and a tiny bit of Splenda. (I'm trying to eat less and less artificial sweeteners, but it's soooooo hard !)

So that's how the bowl looked just before I started eating.


It was delicious, filling and I will definitely make that again. It was well worth the effort, and I wasn't even hungry when lunch time came. See ? Eating real food keeps you full for longer. And it tastes so much better...

No comments:

Post a Comment