Sunday, January 31, 2010

Website Review - Kath Eats Real Food

I really want to introduce you to a website I have been visiting regularly since a week. A good friend of mine told me to take a look at it, and I immediately fell in love with it ! It is "Kath Eats Real Food". Yes, it is a food blog, but not just any random food blog. It is about healthy living and healthy food. This couldn't be more convenient, since I am trying to eat healthier and (of course) get done with my weight loss.

I have been browsing her Oatmeal section, drooling over the pictures, because everything looks so delicious ! I just love oatmeal, and I would eat it everyda three times a day, but sometimes, the same old stuff seems to get boring. Well, no more ! Oatmeal with muffin, with pumpkin seeds and puree, with toffee chips, with chocolate chips, NAME THEM !

I have eaten oatmeal for breakfast for the past 3-4 days, and found that they keep me full for a very long time when I make them the way Kath makes them.

First, she always has a spoonful of nut butter. This is very important, that's where you get your healthy fat and proteins. She often add fruit to her oats. Mostly mashed banana, but I've seen pumpkin puree or berries added to some of her recipes. I've even seen spinach and butternut squash ! And then, top with a small quantity of whatever you like. Granola, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, toffee chips, slivered almonds or any other kind of nuts. Your goal here, is to make it look like a treat. And it works ! Your breakfast is more than complete, with the fiber from the oatmeal, the fruits you top it with, and the nut butter you use to get your protein intake.

But oatmeal is not onl what Kath's blog is about. She also has a very nice recipes section, divided by meal type. They all look delicious, plus they are VERY healthy ! I will eventually review a couple of her recipes, when I get more time to get cooking !

In the meantime, feel free to browse through her blog, and try recipes. If you try some of them, why don't you just drop me a line to let me know how you liked it ?

No comments:

Post a Comment