Sunday, March 7, 2010

Menu - Extra Special Sunday Breakfast and Dinner

I do not want to make this blog a daily-menu blog, but I can't help but post today's menu. Why ? Just because I thought it was extra-special, and because I want to make Sunday the menu-day. So let's see what was on my plate today.

Breakfast- Peanut Butter toast, with 4 dates, applesauce, cottage cheese, and tomato beans.


There was no lunch (OH MY GOODNESS ! What was I thinking ?!) for the simple reason that I got up wayyyyy too late, and ended up having breakfast around 11:30. Instead, decided that I would just grad a snack around 3:00PM and last until dinner.

Snack- A juicy and sweet pink lady apple.


Phil and I went outside, this afternoon. It was bright and sunny, and it was a perfect day to take a walk. Warm enough to wear a hoodie instead of a winter coat. It rocked ! Then for dinner, I decided that we could enjoy tacos on lettuce leaves (instead of corn tortillas) with cress, cheese and salsa.

It was the first time I tried tacos made this way, and frankly, I won't go back to greasy and messy corn tortillas. Iceberg lettuce made a crispy, healthy and fresh wrapping, and I could stuff a lot more meat and veggies than regular tacos. What a filling dinner that was ! I had a hard time finishing the second taco. I should have left what was left over in the plate, but I didn't. It was too good ! Thanks goodness, I don't do that every day.

And then for dessert, my No-Cook Vegan Chocolate Pudding with sliced strawberries and bananas. It was DECADENT ! I never realised how much better a homemade pudding was compared to store bought. Plus, my husband loves it. Yes... My veggie-hater of a husband loves veggie burgers and tofu. He's weird, don't ask ! So here's how the plate looked...

So that's it. My kitchen is closed. It's 9:00PM and I'm still stuffed from dinner. I guess I should have eaten a little less :)

1 comment:

  1. Oooooooooh! J'aime beaucoup l'idée des tacos! J'en ai d"ailleurs mangé hier et les coquilles ne me plaisent pas...La prochaine fois, je vais prendre de la laitue!

    J'aime beaucoup ton blog. Je me reconnais beaucoup dans ce que tu écris, notamment sur WW. Ne lâche pas! Tu m'inspires beaucoup!

    Mon blog sur ma perte de poids (en construction par contre): www.tobbeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete